scena in movimento

< Previous | Next >

Alice Maloka

italian
Hello everybody,

I am not sure about the translation of "scena in movimento". I am writing about a painting.

Here the whole sentence:

"XXXX sin da giovane si distingue per la grande abilità nel realizzare, tramite una pennellata sicura, volumi solidi e compatti anche nelle scene in movimento"

My attempt:

"XXXX since a young age stands up for his ability to realize, through a confident brushstroke, solid and compact volumes even in scenes of action"

Thanks in advance!

• fran06

Italian Italy
    Ciao Alice,

solo qualche idea:

XXX sin da giovane=since an early age XXX...
    Distinguersi= to stand out (to stand up vuol dire alzarsi)
    Scene in movimento= motion scenes/scenes in motion

I hope it helps
    Fran

shamblesuk

England, English
    Io provero':

"Since XXXX was young, he has stood out through his ability to create, using a confident brushstroke, solid and compact volumes in action scenes"

theartichoke

English - Canada
    Io provero':

"Since XXXX was young, he has stood out through his ability to create, using a confident brushstroke, solid and compact volumes in action scenes"
    I'd tweak the end just a little, to "...solid and compact volumes even in scenes depicting movement/motion." Maybe it's just me, but "action scenes" makes me think too much of scenes from "action" movies, even though it's clear from the context that it has nothing to do with them.

Alice Maloka

italian
    Thanks a lot to everybody!

Yes, "action scene" sounded to me a bit out of place too! About the "stand out", that is what I wanted to write!My god!I need some rest!:)

Thanks a lot, you've been a great help!

< Previous | Next >