scheme revolving around Petrobras

Leafka

Polish
Hi,

Can I say that a scheme is revolving around a company, meaning that the company is facing the gravest accusations and links other participants with the scheme? Would it be ok to cross out 'revolving'?

According to media reports, the CEO of Odebrecht was arrested in June 2015 by the Brazilian police over allegations of corruption in relation to a scheme revolving around / a scheme around the Brazilian oil and gas company Petrobras.

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    I would prefer "involving" rather than "revolving around"; though I understand your intended meaning, that the company is somehow part of the scheme (purposefully or not), the phrasing sounds odd to me.

Winstanley808

Banned
    English - U.S.
    I think "revolving around" or even "around" would suggest active cooperation and participation by Petrobras. If that has not been established, then bibliolept's "involving" would be better.

Leafka

Polish
    Thank you both! The active cooperation and participation by Petrobras has been established. Is it ok to use 'revolving around' then? It's just that I have 'involved' in the next sentence :)

Leafka

Polish
    Thanks, bibliolept, do you mean it like this?

According to media reports, the CEO of Odebrecht was arrested in June 2015 by the Brazilian police over allegations of corruption in relation to a scheme implicating the Brazilian oil and gas company Petrobras.

< Previous | Next >