Schriftliche Beauftragung von Gabelstaplerfhrern

< Previous | Next >

Hellas

Galician and Spanish
Hello once more,

Sorry for having written my last thread in Spanish, but I would be more confidence knowing the translation to Spanish. Anyway, I'd be pleased if somebody could tell me if the next text in German translated to English is correct, and if somebody could explain the meaning in English using other words.

German paragraphs:
"Schriftliche Beauftragung von Gabelstaplerfhrern"
"Herr.... wird in vorstehend genanntem Unternehmen mit dem selbsttätigen Führen von Gabelstaplern auf dem Firmengelände beauftragt."

"Er/Sie hat seine/ihre Befäuhigung zum Führen der/des vorstehend genannten Gabestapler/s gemäss $7 Absatz 1 BGV D27 "Flurförderzeuge" gegenüber dem Unternehmer nachgewiesen."

English paragraph:
"Written agreement for fork-lift-truck drivers"
"Mr... has been instructed by the above company to drive a fork-lift-truck unsupervised within company grounds. The agreement is applicable to the following fork-lift-trucks only"

"He has satisfied the company that he is licensed to drive said vehicle in accordance with $7 paragraph 1 BGV D27 "Flurförderzeuge". The license was granted by..."

Then if sombebody can tell if the translation to English is fine, I will try to get the translation to Spanish. Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

• MünchnerFax

Italian, Italy
    Though I'm not a native, I would say your translation is quite good. My attempt:

"Written agreement for fork-lift-truck drivers"
    "Mr... is ordered/commissioned from the above mentioned company to drive fork-lift-trucks unsupervised within the company grounds."
    "He has produced/shown the company a valid licence to drive the above mentioned fork-lift-trucks, in accordance with paragraph..."

FloVi

Deutsch / Deutschland
    The english translation is okay. I assume that you have problems with some terms.

The document is a statement about three things:
    1. Someone was instructed to drive a fork lift for a company on it's own ground.
    2. This person has a license to drive these kind of industrial trucks
    3. The person has evidenced his licence to the company.

This document is necessary in order to article 7 of the BGV D27.

Flurförderzeuge - industrial trucks
    BGV D27 - Rules for accident prevention

Hellas

Galician and Spanish
    Many thanks to both.
    You are right, Flovi. I hadproblems with the terms. The second and third thing are understood now. My problem is only with the first statement:
    1. Someone was instructed to drive a fork lift for a company on it's own ground.
    In this case, I must authorise somebody who has brought his driving licence for fork-lifts from Germany, to drive a fork-lift.
    The paper says:
    Company (My company?)
    WRITTEN AGREEMENT FOR FORK-LIFT-TRUCK DRIVERS (In accordance with $7UVV)
    Mr (German technician name) DOB:....................
    Address:(German technician address)
    has been instructed by the above company to drive a fork-lift-truck unsupervised within company grounds.

My question is if this paragraph means we have taught this person or just we let him to drive our fork-lift.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused... Thanks.

FloVi

Deutsch / Deutschland
    It's an important part of the rules, that there must be a concrete order to the driver by the company. Of course, the company can only regulate their own property. It's not allowed to the driver, to leave the company's area with the fork lift. The order can be a part of the employment contract or, if it is an exception, it can be such a formular.

Sepia

High German/Danish
    The error is the word "instructed" - the driver has been "assigned" to drive said vehicles.

Obviously the employee should already be in posession of a licence before this document is signed.

Apart from that, I find this is a very good translation.

Ralf

German
    Sepia said:
    The error is the word "instructed" - the driver has been "assigned" to drive said vehicles.
    Yes, 'to instruct' must not be understood as 'to teach' or 'to train' here. However, I would not find fault with 'instructed' in this context. In my experience, it is quite common to use 'instruction' to refer to a formal request/assignment for someone to do a particular job or to perform a specific task. There is quite a range of occupations (with forklift drivers and crane operators among others) where an written instruction by the employer as quoted above is needed in addition to a valid licence.
    Sepia said:
    Apart from that, I find this is a very good translation.
    Absolutely!

Ralf

< Previous | Next >