scream

< Previous | Next >

Muri 22

Spanish
Hi everybody! I’m translating a novel about a woman of 32 that describes how difficult it is to accept her pregnancy, the relationship with her boyfriend, stepchildren of tour and two, mother and friends, among other things. In this part, she is taking care of her stepchildren and are playing, so it says like this: They ran, jumped, wailed, fought, bit, kicked, screamed, nipped, cried and crashed their way towards oblivion, and eventually wore themselves into that state that Jessica used to refer to as ‘past tired’.
My attempt: Corrieron, saltaron, llorraron/protestaron/gritaron desaforadamente, se pelearon, se mordieron, dieron patadas, chillaron/gritaron/gritaron desaforadamente, se pellizcaron, lloraron y crashed their way towards el olvido, y finalmente wore themselves en ese estado al que Jessica solía referirse como “pasados de rosca”.
I cannot decide what is the right translation for "scream". I mean, wail is to cry or say something loudly and usually on a high note, especially because of strong emotions such as fear, excitement or anger. I cannot distinguish the m,ost suitable translation for “scream” but I think that “chillaron” and “gritaron” are the most accurate options, especially taking into account that we are talking about two children of four and two. What do you think? Thanks in advance! Any suggestions are welcome!

• Sherlockat

Castilian (Patagonian)
    Hi everybody! I’m translating a novel about a woman of 32 that describes how difficult it is to accept her pregnancy, the relationship with her boyfriend, stepchildren of tour and two, mother and friends, among other things. In this part, she is taking care of her stepchildren and are playing, so it says like this: They ran, jumped, wailed, fought, bit, kicked, screamed, nipped, cried and crashed their way towards oblivion, and eventually wore themselves into that state that Jessica used to refer to as ‘past tired’.
    My attempt: Corrieron, saltaron, llorraron/protestaron/gritaron desaforadamente, se pelearon, se mordieron, dieron patadas, chillaron/gritaron/gritaron desaforadamente:tick:, se pellizcaron, lloraron y crashed their way towards el olvido, y finalmente wore themselves en ese estado al que Jessica solía referirse como “pasados de rosca”.
    I cannot decide what is the right translation for "scream". I mean, wail is to cry or say something loudly and usually on a high note, especially because of strong emotions such as fear, excitement or anger. I cannot distinguish the m,ost suitable translation for “scream” but I think that “chillaron” and “gritaron” are the most accurate options, especially taking into account that we are talking about two children of four and two. What do you think? Thanks in advance! Any suggestions are welcome!

< Previous | Next >