Scroll over

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by shinster, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. shinster New Member

    For use in a website how would I translate this:

    'Scroll over the image for more'

    my attempt:
    Scorri sull'imagine per saperne di più.
  2. Paulfromitaly

    Paulfromitaly MODerator

    Brescia (Italy)
    Do you mean "hover the mouse over the image" ?
  3. shinster New Member

    yes also hover over the image. Basically when you move the mouse over the image a text box appears
  4. Paulfromitaly

    Paulfromitaly MODerator

    Brescia (Italy)
    Sposta il mouse sull'icona/immagine.
  5. baldpate

    baldpate Senior Member

    UK, English
    You'll also find a relevant discussion here.

    To clarify for our Italian friends, the use of "scroll" here is a little misleading. "To scroll" something is a verb properly used about a visual object (an image, a page of text, etc) whose size is larger than the capacity of the display window to show in its entirety; the notional underlying object is 'moved' up/down/left/right, so making visible different parts of the object in the restricted viewing window. This type of movement is what is properly called scrolling - often accomplished with "scroll bars" at the side of the window. I believe "scorrere", as initially proposed by shinster, is the correct verb for this action.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  6. pandinorombante

    pandinorombante Senior Member

    Around Europe
    Italy - Italian

    You are 100% right.. and like in English we add su/giù/a sinistra/a destra..

    Ciao :)

Share This Page