Scroll up/down

Discussion in 'Computers/IT/Informática' started by Masood, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Masood

    Masood Senior Member

    Leicester, England
    British English
    Según el diccionario de WR:

    to scroll up/down=desplazarse hacia arriba/abajo en el texto

    Is there an easier way to say the same thing? I want to give a command to someone to tell them to 'scroll up' or 'scroll down' with the mouse button.

  2. marietta Senior Member

    Venezuela- Spanish
    Desplazar el cursor hacia arriba o hacia abajo. That's one way of saying it, including the word cursor.
  3. bieq

    bieq Senior Member


    And in the same context, how would you say "más arriba" and "más abajo"? Keep scrolling up and keep scrolling down respectively?

    I don't think yo can say more in this context, can you?
    Any shorter way of saying it?


    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. colombo-aussie

    colombo-aussie Senior Member

    Spanish - Colombian
    I'm afraid this is the simple, easier and most common way to give a command like that
  5. funfun86 Senior Member

    East Brunswick, NJ
    I thought you could say "bajar" and "subir", like "bájalo" o "súbelo"?
  6. jjcc Senior Member

    Spanish - México
    Desplazarse hacia arriba y hacia abajo is the correct form; however as funfun86 says you could say: vete hacia arriba, vete hacia abajo, bájate, súbete, etc., but I would only use this expressions when I´m talking to the person in front of the computer in very informal situation. These options will not work for any writing instruction, just verbal.
  7. Masood

    Masood Senior Member

    Leicester, England
    British English
    OK, many thanks.
  8. Masood

    Masood Senior Member

    Leicester, England
    British English
    I think this is the most common way of saying it, @bieq.
    No, you can't say 'more' here.

Share This Page