scrupulous, paramount and attain

< Previous | Next >

Dr.Appalayya

India;Telugu
The ideal goal for any scrupulous individual is to resolve a problem and enjoy the life, which is the paramount goal of any human being. But, how can one attain this?

Are the red color usages correct?

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    The ideal goal for any scrupulous individual is to resolve a problem and enjoy the life, which is the paramount goal of any human being. But, how can one attain this?

Dr. A., you have consistently put "a" or "the" in front of the word "life" in your most recent posts and neither should be used.

In this sentence, you are basically repeating yourself ie:

"The ideal goal for any scrupulous individual" and "...which is the paramount goal of any human being" basically say the same thing.

I find the use of the word "scrupulous" awkward. I think I understand what you are saying but the most common use of the word pertains to someone who carefully abides by rules or is careful in attending to details and I'm not sure that it really works in this context. Can you explain exactly what you mean?

Your use of "paramount" and "attain" are fine.

coiffe

USA
    American English

Best is: "The ideal goal is to resolve the problem (if the context is already about a specific problem) and enjoy life -- the paramount goal of any human being. But how can one attain this?"

or, "The ideal goal is to resolve one's problems and to enjoy life -- the paramount goal of any human being. But how can one accomplish this?"

To use "scrupulous" is a little bit condescending. It implies that those who do not follow your method are unscrupulous.

Moon Palace

French
    I agree with Dimcl, the ideal goal and the paramount goal are a bit redundant. How about 'Ideally, one ought to endeavour to solve one's problems and enjoy life - the paramount goal of any human being. But how can one accomplish this?'

< Previous | Next >