scuba diving

< Previous | Next >

roxy_gurl

canada, english
hi i dont know what to put for what i am trying to talk about in french, i am trying to talk about scuba-diving. I am trying to say "we are going to go scuba-diving. While we are scuba-diving some dolphins are going to come and swim with us." please tell me if this is right:
Ensuite Francina, Rebecca, Hannah, et moi sommes all*es faire de la plong*e sous-marine. Pendant que nous plongions des dauphins nagient autour de nous.

thanks

• CLEMENTINE

SWITZERLAND / FRENCH
    Ensuite Francina, Rebecca, Hannah et moi sommes allées faire de la plongée (sous-marine). Pendant que nous plongions des dauphins nagaient autour de nous

Hello - it's almost perfect.
    Scuba-diving: faire de la plongée (it is not necessary to say "sous-marine", use it when you are diving deep in the sea )

le chat noir

French
    we are going to go scuba-diving. While we are scuba-diving some dolphins are going to come and swim with us.
    The use of tenses gets me a bit confused here. I guess the whole paragraph is in future, so it would rather go:
    We are going to go scuba-diving. While we will scuba-dive, some dolphins will come and swim with us
    and in French:
    Nous allons faire de la plongée. Quand nous y serons, des dauphins viendront nager avec nous.
    Could you tell me where I got the tenses wrong in the original sentence?

Septembre

France Français
    Hi !

"Nous allons faire de la plongée" just translates we are going scuba diving, I think it misses an idea of future, like "On va aller faire de la plongée". I don't know if you can go as far in your translation, but I personally would say : "quand on sera dans l'eau, des dauphins ....
    Hopes it helps !

< Previous | Next >