se determina las formas en como se regulan

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by ilaló, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ilaló Senior Member

Andes
    English, USA
    Hola,
    Tengo problemas con la parte en negrilla. Gracias por cualquier sugerencia!

La importancia de esta ultima norma radica en que en ella se determina las formas en como se regulan los derechos de propiedad comunal por parte de las comunidades étnicas.

Intentos:

a. The importance of this last law lies in its establishing the means of regulating the ethnic communities’ community property rights.
    b. The importance of this last law lies in its establishing a means of regulation of the ethnic communities’ communal property rights.
    c. The importance of this last law lies in the fact that it determines how the ethnic communities’ communal property rights are to be regulated. (no sense of this being expressed in the past or future)
    d. The importance of this last law lies in its establishing the ways in which the ethnic communities’ communal property rights are to be regulated. (no sense of this being expressed in the past or future)

¡Gracias!
    Ilaló

2. unspecified

unspecified Senior Member

Boston, MA, USA
    English, USA
    Here's my try:

The importance for this last rule/standard lies in that it establishes the ways in which common/communal property laws on the behalf of ethnic communities are regulated.

I stuck with a fairly literal translation of "los derechos de propiedad comunal" since I don't know what it refers to specifically. There may be a better translation.

3. ilaló Senior Member

Andes
    English, USA
    Thanks very much, unspecified - this was a huge help.