se faire un tour de rein

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
Hi there!
My character in the script I'm translating "se fait un tour de rein". I found the translation "rick" but am not sure as to how I should use it.
Larry has a rick.
Larry ricked himself.
It's a rick for Larry.
I want readers to understand that his back is stuck and he can't take part in the surfing competition.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions, as always.
Have a nice day!
  • bobepine

    Senior Member
    Canada, English & French
    I've never come across the rick reference; I'm not sure how common it is in the US.

    I would probably say that he threw his back out. Is this something that would be understood in the UK?
    < Previous | Next >