se los metía, se le había agudizado

< Previous | Next >

Masood

British English
Hola,
Back to the book! Uno de los problemas más grandes que tengo 'throughout' este libro es entender a quien (o que) se refiere cuando los verbos reflexivos están empleados.

Algunos (huevos) aún estaban calientes, así que se los metía bajo la blusa, pegándoles al pecho, para mitigar el frío crónico que sufría y que últimamente se le había agudizado. Se había levantado antes que nadie, como de costumbre.

Some were even warm, so she put them under her blouse, glued to her chest, in order to protect from the chronic cold that she suffered and that ultimately it had become worse. She had got up before anyone else, as usual.

¿Qué tal la traducción?

• lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Masood said:
    Hola,
    Back to the book! Uno de los problemas más grandes que tengo 'throughout' este libro es entender a quien (o que) se refiere cuando los verbos reflexivos están empleados.

Algunos (huevos) aún estaban calientes, así que se los metía bajo la blusa, pegándoles al pecho, para mitigar el frío crónico que sufría y que últimamente se le había agudizado. Se había levantado antes que nadie, como de costumbre.

Some were even warm, so she put them under her blouse, glued to her chest, in order to protect from the chronic cold that she suffered and that ultimately it had become worse. She had got up before anyone else, as usual.

¿Qué tal la traducción?
    Bastante buena... sólo unas pequeñas observaciones...

Some were even still warm, so she put them under her blouse, glued bringing them close to her chest (breast), in order to protect from mitigate the chronic cold that chill she suffered and that ultimately it had lately become worse/had worsened lately. As usual, she had got gotten up before anyone else. as usual.

Saludos,
    LN

UomoSconociuto

USA English
    Masood said:
    Hola,

¿Qué tal la traducción?
    aun = even.......aun con tilde = todavia. yo mismo no suelo oir "meterse" asi...I've heard comerse or beberse when you want to say he ate it all (se lo comio' todo). But it seems to me it is being used like ponerse when it is used with ropa. <<el frio cronico>> Se le habia agudizado <<a ella>> I put the sentence like that because that is how I initially would say many "se le, se me, se te" sentences in order to understand it better. the "it" you translated se refiere al frio, creo.
    Me parece que por la mayor parte has entendido.
    Espero no haberme equivocado....Corrijanme si que si'

Focalist

European Union, English
    Agree with LN's emendations except note that "gotten up" is echt-Yankee. It's "got up" in World English...

F

David

Banned
    When she was putting eggs under her blouse, thinking about how she felt, et etc, nobody else was involved, so I doubt you really were confused about the omission of the subject pronouns. Except for "even" instead of "still," the translation is accurate, I can't believe you really have trouble "throughout."

See the movie when you get a chance. It's astonishing how successfully it capture the spirit of the original. I have to go. My mother wants me. (Not really. No tengo!)

Masood

British English
    David said:
    When she was putting eggs under her blouse, thinking about how she felt, et etc, nobody else was involved, so I doubt you really were confused about the omission of the subject pronouns. Except for "even" instead of "still," the translation is accurate, I can't believe you really have trouble "throughout."

See the movie when you get a chance. It's astonishing how successfully it capture the spirit of the original. I have to go. My mother wants me. (Not really. No tengo!)
    Yes, David, I've seen it a few times now and from what I've read of the book so far (I'm about a third of the way through), the film is true to the book.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Masood said:
    Thanks, everyone!
    Yes, Focalist, gotten up...is very (ugh) EEUU! (sorry Lauranazario, no pude resistirlo! ;) )
    Hey pals, tease me all you want, but I refuse to feel offended... American English is my second language --no excuses-- and I feel proud of it. ;)

Greetings from this side of the Atlantic.
    LN

< Previous | Next >