Sea Volcano/Submarine Volcano

< Previous | Next >
  • Andygc

British English
    Do you have a complete sentence, and could you tell us where you found "sea volcano"? I've never seen the term used.

PS "confused" - there is no such word as "confuzed".

Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    I have sometimes seen "deep-sea volcano". It even appears once in the Wikipedia article.

london calling

UK English
    Well, I guess a sea volcano is just a submarine volcano. I mean, a seven year old might know what a sea volcano is, but not a submarine volcano, even though they are the same.
    Are you saying that 'sea volcano' exists as an expression? I've never heard it and can find no occurrences of its use anywhere (except 'deep-sea volcano' which was mentioned above and 'Salton Sea volcano', where Salton Sea is actually the name of a lake in California).

sdgraham

USA English
    Well, I guess a sea volcano is just a submarine volcano. I mean, a seven year old might know what a sea volcano is, but not a submarine volcano, even though they are the same.
    They are not the same. A sea volcano is a figment of your imagination
    If the term existed (which it doesn't) It could just as well be a volcano that just peeks above the water.

I suggest you not let yourself be distracted by the well-meaning, but wrong, post #2

Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    Ah yes, "undersea volcano", mentioned by Hermione, is another good one - and not just for seven-year-olds.

< Previous | Next >