Seal his back

ACZyl

China-Chinese
In the sentence"The ex-Vice president of the US, Joe Biden has sealed his back in the race to be the Democratic candidate", I feel confused about the meaning of "seal his back", is that a metaphor expression which just means that he has back?

• Loob

English UK
    Hello ACZyl - welcome to the forums!

Could the sentence have actually been
    The former vice president of the United States Joe Biden has sealed his comeback in the race to be the Democratic candidate for the White House.
    ?

ACZyl

China-Chinese
    Hello ACZyl - welcome to the forums!

Could the sentence have actually been
    The former vice president of the United States Joe Biden has sealed his comeback in the race to be the Democratic candidate for the White House.
    ?
    Yes, it is the complete expression.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please give us the source of this quoute. Are you sure you have copied it correctly? I found this on the website of The Siasat Daily:

"Former US Vice President Joe Biden has sealed his lead in the Democratic Party race to be the nominee to challenge President Donald Trump in November by winning the party poll in the key state of Michigan and three others."

ACZyl

China-Chinese
    Please give us the source of this quoute. Are you sure you have copied it correctly? I found this on the website of The Siasat Daily:

"Former US Vice President Joe Biden has sealed his lead in the Democratic Party race to be the nominee to challenge President Donald Trump in November by winning the party poll in the key state of Michigan and three others."
    I read this sentence on the BBC news, and it seems like different from this sentence