sealed/stamped application form

< Previous | Next >

PilarIDP

Spanish - españa
Good morning,
Please, could you help me to choose between these two words when I'm talking about an official stamp/seal?
"Please, find attached sealed/stamped applications forms from publics grants"
Thanks

• sarcie

English - Ireland
    "Please, find attached enclosed sealed applications forms from publics grants"

For me, this would mean that you were sending (by post) application forms in a sealed envelope (i.e. they were unopened).

"Please, find attached stamped applications forms from publics grants"

This, on the other hand, would mean that the application forms were stamped by an official authority using a rubber or electronic stamp.

The reason I underlined "from public grants" in both sentences is I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are these forms applying for a public grant, or possibly forms proving that you are in receipt of a public grant already, or simply forms from a public grant office? :confused:

PS: Welcome to the forums!

PilarIDP

Spanish - españa
    I'm sending an e-mail in which I enclose scanned copies of the application forms we have sealed/stamped in a public administration, but the probles is that I don't know if the application forms are sealed or stamped

PilarIDP

Spanish - españa
    Hello, It is just that kind of stamp, so thank you for your help.
    By the way, is it neccesary to say "application forms" or "applications" is enough?
    It is very difficult to translate all the legal expressions and words we use in Spain to U.K terms, since the administrative procedures are very disimilar in the two countries

sarcie

English - Ireland
    You can say either:

Stamped application (it's taken as a single entity, even though it may contain several pages)
    OR
    Stamped application forms.

Both are fine. I sympathize with you as regards different admin procedures in different countries - it can be a nightmare! ;)

< Previous | Next >