Section 登記簿

Michaelkun

Spanish
Hi!
I'm translating a lease agreement

https://www.smhome.co.jp/sodanannai/soodan/tekishakuya-ippan.pdf

and I would like to know, in Page 1, what must be put in the section 登記簿 (please, see image) in order to make a translation of 登記簿 (register) more understandable for foreigners.

I've done some research of 登記簿, and I've seen that 登記簿 is a register in which, in theory, everybody can check certain information about a real estate. (However, I have not found the way to access this register and see how it looks like.)

In theory, once you access this register and you introduce the name of some real estate, you can see two sections: 土地登記簿 and 建物登記簿, each one divided into 表題部 and 権利部 (and this 権利部 divided into 甲区 and 乙区). Please, see Image 2.

Supposedly, in each subsection you can see the following:

土地 - 表題部: 所在・地番・地目(土地の現況)・地積(土地の面積)
土地 - 権利部 - 甲区: data about the owner of the land
土地 - 権利部 - 乙区: 抵当権設定、地上権設定、地役権設定 (except mortgage, I don't understand well the other things)
建物 - 表題部: 所在・地番・家屋番号・種類・構造・床面積
建物 - 権利部 - 甲区: data about the owner of the 建物
建物 - 権利部 - 乙区: ??

With all this, in the end I'm confused about what it is expected to put in the section 登記簿 of a lease agreement. As you can see in the contract, you can only write 1 line, so you can't put all the information of all the subsections of 登記簿. 😅

If you could please help me with this, as well as with the understanding of 土地 - 権利部 - 乙区 and 建物 - 権利部 - 乙区, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Attachments

• 登記簿.png
    登記簿.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 15
  • SoLaTiDoberman

Japanese
    Okay, first of all, that 「登記簿」is not talking about 登記簿 itself. It means 登記簿に記載されている住所.

There are two styles to locate someone's address in Japan now: 地番(表示方式) and 住居表示(方式).
    登記簿 adopts 地番(表示方式).

Therefore,
    住所(住居表示): You should write the address in the style of 住居表示 here.
    住所(登記簿):You should write the address in the style of 地番 here. In other words, you should write the address exactly the same as the one on 登記簿.

登記簿(表示)= 地番(表示):「○○市××町13番地」
    住居表示: 「○○市××町1丁目2番3号」

In our daily routine, we use 住居表示 for our addresses. It's the new style. Municipal governments adopt the new style now.
    However, 登記簿 has been adopting the old style, because 登記簿 has been existing in Japan since a long, long time ago.
    They have to rewrite all addresses in Japan if they try to uniform the address, but they haven't done it.

That's why the contract needs to show the two addresses.

I don't know what you're talking about in your research about 登記簿. So I have no comment about it.

Last edited:

Michaelkun

Spanish
    @SoLaTiDoberman うわー、なるほど。Then I completely misinterpreted 登記簿, and what I found on the internet confused me even more. Thank you so much for explaining me these two styles for writing an address. :)

I understand how addresses in 住居表示(方式)work, since all addresses I've seen until now were written in that style.

However, could you please explain me a little bit more how addresses in 地番(表示方式) work?

I mean, in a 地番 address, do you only write three things: 「○○市××町13番地」? What does 地番 mean and what does the number 13 refer to?

Thank you so much for your previous answer and sorry for asking again.

SoLaTiDoberman

Japanese
    Suppose:
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町27番地 is my address in 地番表示方式.
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番4号 is my address in 住居表示方式.

One of my neighbor's address is 福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番3号, and another's is 福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番5号.
    Yet, we all have the same address of 福岡県北広島市新古閑町27番地 in 地番表示方式.

地番 is an old address in Japan.

福岡県北広島市新古閑町27番地 used to be possessed by a very rich landlord.
    But the land was divided into five lands and sold to five different families.
    In this case, the five families have the same address on 登記簿 unless they changed and registered their new addresses.
    But they were given five different new addresses.

As a result, the five families has the same address on 登記簿: 福岡県北広島市新古閑町27番地 (This is also my address.)
    Yet, they have five different addresses,
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番1号 (This is not my address.)
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番2号 (This is not my address.)
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番3号 (This is not my address.)
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番4号 (This is another my address.)
    福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番5号. (This is not my address.)

In old system, 古閑町 has 1番地 to 56番地, yet in the new system, they are divided into sub-groups.
    For example
    1番地 ---> 1丁目1番
    2番地 ---> 1丁目2番
    3番地 ---> 1丁目3番

4番地 ---> 2丁目1番
    5番地 ---> 2丁目2番
    6番地 ---> 2丁目3番1号~4号
    7番地 ---> 2丁目3番5号~7号
    8番地 ---> 2丁目4番
    9番地 ---> 2丁目5番

10番地 ----> 3丁目1番
    18番地 ---> 3丁目9番

27番地---- > 4丁目11番

45番地 ----> 7丁目1番
    46番地 ---> 7丁目2番

56番地 ---> 9丁目12番

These are fiction addresses created by me, in order to explain how addresses are changed from old to new.
    And there is no specific rule to convert an address from the old one to the new one.

Generally speaking, X番地 can be divided into plural different new addresses, but maybe Y番地 and Y+1番地 can be merged into one new address, when the new landlord is a very rich person. Or when a new very big condominium building is being built.

Furthermore, the name of the town might be changed.
    (Old address) 福岡県北広島市北卍23番地
    (New address) 福岡県北広島市新古閑町4丁目11番4号

It totally depends on each case, and I don't think there is any merit to learn the difference more in detail.
    The old address and the new address are just different. Period.

Last edited:

Michaelkun

Spanish
    @SoLaTiDoberman Thank you so much for your detailed explanation! Without doubt, it has helped me a lot to understand much better the addresses written in 地番表示方式 .

I'm really thankful to you for all your help. どうもありがとうございます :)