See document attached + document title

< Previous | Next >

Willy_260290

French - France
Hello!
I need to refer to a document attached to a letter I'm writing (I didn't find the answer searching on these boards).

In your opinion, what's the finest sentence beetween:
"See CV and document "name" attached"
OR
"See CV and "name" document attached"?
...Or something else?

In other words: am I supposed to write "document" before OR after my "name" quote?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• SilFran

Spanish - Peru
    Hello Willy, I'd wait for a native speaker to answer, but actually I'd just leave it with "document" or the type of document it is (for example: "see CV and report attached" or "see CV and references attached"). In case the name of the document is mandatory, I'd go with the second option.

Willy_260290

French - France
    Hi SilFran,
    I think you're right, it seems safer this way, as I now have to send my letter and the document's name isn't mandatory indeed.

Thanks!

Juhasz

English - United States
    I agree with SilFran. "See attached file/CV/references/etc" would be perfectly fine. That is, however, assuming that there's only one attached file, or that they're easily recognizable (for instance, you attach a document called "CV.txt" and another called "References.doc"). If there are multiple files and they're not clearly identifiable, I'd include the name of the file in parentheses: "See attached CV (foolishly_unclearly_named_file_1.doc)"

But why put yourself in that predicament? Just give the files obvious names.

Willy_260290

French - France
    Thank you Juhasz. I didn't "require such intricacies" indeed, like Jack Sparrow XD

< Unapproved video link removed. Cagey, moderator >

Kidding aside, I actually need this letter to be as well written as possible: it's my letter of motivation to enter the university. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >