See you tomorrow next time.

Sloppy2

Japanese - Osaka
A native speaker told me that "See you tomorrow next time." is unnatural.
I want to know why. And, I also want to know whether there are any similar expressions that are natural.

Does "See you in Tokyo next time." means something like "The venue of the next meeting is in Tokyo." ?
If yes, it seems that "See you tomorrow next time." means something like "The date of the next meeting is tomorrow."
I wonder why "See you tomorrow next time." isn't correct.

• SimonTsai

Taiwanese Mandarin
    Since my first language is Mandarin, I may not be qualified to help you. I would say either 'See you tomorrow' or 'See you next time'.

When I say, 'See you tomorrow', I expect our next meeting to take place tomorrow. The expression 'See you tomorrow next time' is therefore slightly redundant.

By the way, 'See you in Tokyo next time' sounds okay, at least to me.

Last edited:

Sloppy2

Japanese - Osaka
    Thank you for your reply.

I want to say "Next time, we will meet tomorrow." So, I want to include both "next" and "tomorrow".

heypresto

English - England
    I suppose you could say 'I'll see you next tomorrow', which means 'the next time I see you will be tomorrow', but it sounds a little odd.

'I'll see you tomorrow' means the same, and is far more natural.

Myridon

English - US
    "Next time" and "tomorrow" are both times so it sounds similar to "I'll see you Monday Tuesday." ;) We have to think about it to puzzle out what you mean.

Sloppy2

Japanese - Osaka
    Thank you for your replies!
    I understood that two time-related adverb phrases cannot come together.

< Previous | Next >