seeking the pioneering

< Previous | Next >

as_99

Arabic
Is the wording "seeking the pioneering " correct?

See the red-colored text below

To target a big sized segment that has good potential for growth to contribute to the company’s survival, profits and seeking the pioneering in the word-processing industry."

I am confused about it, please advise

• soccergal

English - US
    Then I would say seeking pioneering software in the word processing industry, or simply seeking pioneering word processing software

note that there is no definite article before pioneering, and software is not plural

as_99

Arabic
    Then I would say seeking pioneering software in the word processing industry, or simply seeking pioneering word processing software

note that there is no definite article before pioneering, and software is not plural
    What about:

" thereby contributing to the company's seeking pioneering the word processing software industry"

or

" thereby contributing to the company's pursuit of pioneering the word processing software industry
    "

Please advise

Copyright

American English
    Your confusion is understandable. It is a common mistake on this side of the world for words like "pioneering" to be used along as though they mean something (like "pioneer" or "pioneering spirit").

I might say this: Our goal: To target a large segment with a potential for growth [to contribute to our company’s success] and to play a pioneering role/be a pioneer in the word-processing industry.

It is odd to find "survival and profits" together. One means staying alive; the other meaning prospering. And in any case, the success of the company would normally be understood... but it can be left if needed.

On a practical level, it's going to be difficult to be a pioneer in the word-processing industry considering that WordStar, WordPerfect and Word got there first. Just a thought.

Last edited:

soccergal

English - US
    I'm sorry, as_99. I understand what you were asking now. The company is seeking to become pioneers in the word processing software industry. I was thinking that the intent was to use the most innovative technology available, but this context does make more sense. I apologize for the confusion.

< Previous | Next >