selezionatore a chiave

korovev

Italian
Hi all,

this is my first thread on wordreference. I have some difficulties to translate the therm "Selezionatore a chiave".

I'm referring to a electric device or something like that. In few words, I have a biomedical equipment (a freezer, for example). There is a control panel installed on it (a common PCB - Printed Circuit Board). And there's this device which allows to do something.

Italian sentence is:
Un selezionatore a chiave opzionale disabilita i tasti del pannello di controllo permettendo all'utente di evitare possibili manomissioni. Quando i tasti sono disabilitati, e' possibile soltanto leggere la temperatura, le impostazioni degli allarmi, oppure accendere la luce o spegnere il buzzer.

My english translation is:
An optional key selector disables the control panel keys allowing the user to prevent possible violations. When the keys are disabled it is only possible to read the temperature or the alarm setting, turn the light on or disable the buzzer.

Sorry for my English, but I assure you my Italian is worse. :)

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi Korovev and welcome to the forum.

Un selezionatore a chiave opzionale disabilita i tasti del pannello di controllo permettendo all'utente di evitare possibili manomissioni. Quando i tasti sono disabilitati, e' possibile soltanto leggere la temperatura, le impostazioni degli allarmi, oppure accendere la luce o spegnere il buzzer.

An optional (key switch/key lock-out) disables the control panel thus reducing errors/accidents. When the keys are disabled, you can only read the temperature or alarm settings, turn on the light, or disable the buzzer/alarm.

That "manomissioni" is interesting.
    Is it "mano" + "omissioni"? hand -errors ???????

Sorry for my English, but I assure you my Italian is worse. :)
    Not to worry, your English is very nice, and I'm sure your Italian is perfect:D

korovev

Italian
    Thanks a lot Tim :)

That "manomissioni" is interesting.
    Is it "mano" + "omissioni"? hand -errors ???????
    Literally, manomissione = hand - omission, so the sense is omitted by hand, omitted with intent.

It clearly means an incorrect/harmful/dangerous beahviour or action did on purpose to bring problems to someone or to cause the damage of something.

I found italian verb Manomettere = Tampering, but Idon't know whether or not it works well in this case.

King Crimson

Italiano
    Thanks a lot Tim :)

Literally, manomissione = hand - omission, so the sense is omitted by hand, omitted with intent.

It clearly means an incorrect/harmful/dangerous beahviour or action did on purpose to bring problems to someone or to cause the damage of something.

I found italian verb Manomettere = Tampering, but Idon't know whether or not it works well in this case.:thumbsup:

Si, ad esempio un dispositivo anti-manomissione è un anti-tamper device. In questo caso, si potrebbe completare la traduzione di Tim con:

...thus reducing errors/accidents and tamper attempts.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US

I found italian verb Manomettere = Tampering, but Idon't know whether or not it works well in this case.

Si, ad esempio un dispositivo anti-manomissione è un anti-tamper device. In questo caso, si potrebbe completare la traduzione di Tim con:

...thus reducing errors/accidents and tamper attempts.

Excellent! E vi ringrazio tutte e due!