semi-automatic welding with a wire

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
"semi-automatic welding with a wire": could anyone explain to me what the "wire" is here please?
I mean is it an electrode wire, an arc (as in arc welding),...?
Thank you very much in advance!
  • sdgraham

    Senior Member
    USA English
    Soldering iis completely different than welding.

    You have not provided sufficient context to know precisely what you are talking about, but note that some forms of welding involve a continuous feed of electrode wire and are called wire-feed welders (as opposed to the person doing the welding holding the electrode in one hand and feeding the welding rod with the other or having a relatively short piece of consumable electrode.) See, for example:
    Last edited:


    English - USA
    I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject. This was just speculation. I should have said that in my origanal response. Once again I am sorry.
    < Previous | Next >