semicolon

Steve221991

english
Hi,

Which of the following is correct:

Whether you are a neighbour who is concerned about a development; or, a developer who wishes to address any right to light problems...

We reach the best possible outcome for our clients.

Whether you are a neighbour who is concerned about a development; or a developer who wishes to address any right to light problems...

Whether you are a neighbour who is concerned about a development, or a developer who wishes to address any right to light problems...

Thanks in advance. I'm adding a new section to my website and can't decide on which is the most appropriate. By the way "Right to light" is a feature of English common law (my field).

<Text edited by moderator (Florentia52) to remove sections in all capital letters and to eliminate chatspeak>

Last edited by a moderator:
  • PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Welcome to WRF.

You need no punctuation at all in the sentence. "Or" is a coordinating conjunction.

Please do not use capital letters - it is the equivalent of shouting... :)

lingobingo

English - England
    There’s no reason to use a semicolon to separate the two things being compared in that partial sentence. Although not essential (as Paul says), it might be wise to add a comma between them to break things up a bit, and you would certainly need a comma at the end of that text. But if you don’t give us a complete sentence, you won’t get a complete answer.

< Previous | Next >