send back my laptop for guarantee maintenance

Puellam audiam

Taiwanese, Mandarin
Hi,
Please correct any mistakes I make when I propose my question.
I have a laptop which I bought this March.
There is a problem with it. I would like to send it back to the computer company(do we say so? I mean the company who produce its computer products?) My computer has two years of garantee(is this ok?).

So if I say, ¨I will send back my laptop for garantee maintenaince,¨ do I correctly express that, first, my laptop is with a technical problem needed to be fixed and, secondly, that I will send it back to the computor company, which, in consideration of their quality garantee policy, will fix the problem without charging me, if indeed the technician finds out that it is not because my misuse.

I don´t think my expression is quite natural and understanding. Can someone help me to say it in a normal way?

Thanks a lot!!!!:D

• Random1

English - USA
    Hi,
    Please correct any mistakes I make when I propose my question.
    I have a laptop which I bought this March.
    There is a problem with it. I would like to send it back to the computer's manufacturer(do we say so? I mean the company who produces its computer products?) My computer has a two year warrenty(is this ok?).

So if I say, ¨I will send back my broken laptop for maintenance under the warranty,¨ do I correctly express that, first, my laptop is with a technical problem needed to be fixed and, secondly, that I will send it back to the computer company, which, in consideration of their quality guarantee policy, will fix the problem without charging me, if indeed the technician finds out that it is not because my misuse.

I don´t think my expression is quite natural and understanding. Can someone help me to say it in a normal way?

Thanks a lot!!!!:D
    I fixed some small issues. Who are you sending this to? It would help to make the sentence sound more natural.

Puellam audiam

Taiwanese, Mandarin
    I fixed some small issues. Who are you sending this to? It would help to make the sentence sound more natural.
    Thanks you so much!!
    (Please keep correcting me!)
    Well. My laptop is of the most successful Taiwanese computer mark: ASUS. The quality indees(this my second time to buy a laptop of this brand) is very solid.

And since now I am in France, I have contacted their branch in France. The receptor on the telephone(? I mean to say the gay who answerd my phone) said that there will be someone to contact me to take back my laptop.

I had the previous requiery because yesterday I was talking to my flatmate about this and I found I was not sure how to say it in a natural English way.

Again, thanks for your corrections!!
    Correct whatever you can find, because I always find my English awkard and usually run out of expressions.

Random1

English - USA
    Thanks you so much!!
    (Please keep correcting me! I will :))
    Well. My laptop is from the most successful Taiwanese computer mark: ASUS. The quality indees???(this my second time to buy a laptop of this brand) is very solid. (ASUS is very good quality ;))

And now that I am in France, I have contacted their branch in France. The receptor [Unusual word, but I cannot think of another at the moment.] on the telephone(? I mean to say the guy who answered my phone call) said that there will be someone to contact me to take back my laptop.

I had the previous post? because yesterday I was talking to my flatmate about this and I found I was not sure how to say it in a natural English way.

Again, thanks for your corrections!!
    Correct whatever you can find, because I always find my English awkward and usually run out of expressions.
    I am sorry, but are you talking to the person through the phone?

I would say "The laptop that I bought in March from ASUS in Taiwan broke. It is still under its two year warranty and I was wondering how should I go about getting it fixed?" Having everything in one sentence is awkward, so I used two.

Dimcl

Canadian English
    Don't make the mistake of mixing-up the words "guaranty/guarantee" and "warranty", Puellum. This is a common mistake but if you check these words out in the dictionary, you'll see the difference.

Here in North America, the people who answer the phones for these companies are usually called "agents" (just a glorified title for answering service employees who put up with a lot of cr*p from the public and make minimum wages for the pleasure!).

When you talk to the person who is supposed to be calling you back, just tell him what's wrong with the laptop, where and when you bought it, that it's still covered by its two-year warranty and that you want to know the process for having it fixed.

Puellam audiam

Taiwanese, Mandarin
    I am sorry, but are you talking to the person through the phone?

I would say "The laptop that I bought in March from ASUS in Taiwan broke. It is still under its two year warranty and I was wondering how should I go about getting it fixed?" Having everything in one sentence is awkward, so I used two.
    So we can actually say ¨ broke¨ to mean a mechenical problem.
    I always thought that "broke" was used in something like this "My chair broke." Or I "broke a leg."
    And yes, I talked with the agent on the phone.

One more thing, in your second sentence, you use "to go about." This is my first to hear this. Is this expression very colloquial?

<< Please avoid political comment. This is not relevant to your question. >>

I can not thank you more!!!

Random1

English - USA
    So we can actually say ¨ broke¨ to mean a mechenical problem.
    I always thought that "broke" was used in something like this "My chair broke." Or I "broke a leg."
    A broken laptop would just be a laptop that isn't working correctly. Saying broke instead of specifying the actual problem means you do not know what the problem is. If it was a physical problem (like the screen broke off), you would say "the screen broke off my laptop!"

One more thing, in your second sentence, you use "to go about." This is my first to hear this. Is this expression very colloquial?[/quote]It is a common expression, at least in AE, but I am not sure if it is formal or colloquial, or just indifferent.

< Previous | Next >