sent to a clinic because of telling her date anne's recovery

Dannisvn

Chile-Español
Hi, I was reading and found this, I don't know if it has a mistake or if it is me who can't understand:

Anne was also sent to a clinic because of Katelyn telling her date Anne's recovery.

there's no more context, I hope someone can help me

• inib

British English
    If it's any consolation, I can't understand it either!
    And, regarding the corrections, I find the first one unnecessary and the second one wrong.

juortgon

Chile - Spanish
    I think this sentence where I underlined with red is wrong, but it's too difficult to figure out the problem because you don't have more context. But, let's see what native speakers say.

Anne was also sent to a clinic because of Katelyn telling her date Anne's recovery.

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    Well. 'telling her date' could mean 'telling her boyfriend' but I don't understand either.... it seems that some words are missing.
    Where did you find this sentence? If you read it, you must know where you read it!

Biffo

English - England
    To sum up:

1. Your sentence - Hi, I was reading and found this, I don't know if it has a mistake or if it is me who can't understand - doesn't need any corrections, it's good colloquial English.
    2. The sentence "Anne was also sent to a clinic because of Katelyn telling her date Anne's recovery." Is not grammatical and does not make sense even if the grammar is corrected.
    3. As Bevj says - please tell us your source.

< Previous | Next >