Serbian (BCS): Security and Work

kikk

Venezuela, Espanol
Hello, I was making my Grandmother´s memorial plate and decided to make my Grandfather´s too in his native language. I need to translate these words to serbian: Security and Work. "Security" because my Grandfather always looked after his family no matter what he had to do, and "Work" because he was ver determined to achive what he wanted by work.
I´d really apreciate your help.
Thank you

• Duya

Whatever
    Hm. I'm not sure how any translation of "security" would work in context of an epitaph. Whichever one I pick up, the first association comes to some kind of security service, not the family security.

"Obezbeđenje" is certainly a bad choice, as it means either 1) "guards"/"security service" or 2) the act of making something secure.

"Sigurnost", on the other hand, would work better; it can work in the context of "sense of security".

Please don't take offense, but my first association to a phrase containing "security" and "work" is a prison or labor camp, not a loving reference to a family member. Perhaps "porodica" (family) would work better?

slavic_one

Croatian (štokavski, jekavski)
    Hm. I'm not sure how any translation of "security" would work in context of an epitaph. Whichever one I pick up, the first association comes to some kind of security service, not the family security.

"Obezbeđenje" is certainly a bad choice, as it means either 1) "guards"/"security service" or 2) the act of making something secure.

"Sigurnost", on the other hand, would work better; it can work in the context of "sense of security".

Please don't take offense, but my first association to a phrase containing "security" and "work" is a prison or labor camp, not a loving reference to a family member. Perhaps "porodica" (family) would work better?

I thought about "sigurnost" but wasn't sure if it's Serbian word !:)

Athaulf

Croatian/Bosnia, Croatia
    Please don't take offense, but my first association to a phrase containing "security" and "work" is a prison or labor camp, not a loving reference to a family member.

Yeah, definitely. Any translation of "security and work" I can think of sounds like it's lifted from some North Korean propaganda pamphlet. :D