set off alarms

phonghumg

vietnam-vietnamese
In this situation, a man and a women are at the airport, the man was traveling and the women met the flight. The man was coming late because a security guard pulled him aside when he set off the alarms with the metal pin in his foot. He also said as an excuse to a women " I'm used to setting off alarms these days! Even though I showed the security guard my medical documents, he still checked me with his metal detector".

<< Questions 2 through 4 deleted. >>

Please help me to figure out the meaning of the red sentences and also some of the words with the line below. Many thanks for your help :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    At the entrance to airports and many other public places, there are alarms to prevent terrorists from bringing weapons in. These alarms are triggered (set off) by metal objects. The man in question must have injured his foot and the surgeon had repaired it with a metal pin. It was this pin which made the alarm ring.

<< Second answer deleted. >>

Last edited by a moderator:

phonghumg

vietnam-vietnamese
    At the entrance to airports and many other public places, there are alarms to prevent terrorists from bringing weapons in. These alarms are triggered (set off) by metal objects. The man in question must have injured his foot and the surgeon had repaired it with a metal pin. It was this pin which made the alarm ring.
    oh :) i get the point many thanks for your help
    << Second answer deleted. >>

< Previous | Next >