sette i suoi vizi, sette le su sfide

< Previous | Next >

VikingPete

Sweden, Swedish
How would you translate this phrase.....????

, sette i suoi vizi, sette le su sfide

'seven his vices, seven his challenges" ??

Last edited by a moderator:
  • VikingPete

Sweden, Swedish
    This is the complete sentence ......
    Sono sette le vite di Luca, sette le sue verità, sette i giorni della sua creazione, sette le sue rinascite, sette i colori dei suoi occhi, sette i suoi vizi, sette le su sfide, sette i suoi doni.

Alxmrphi

UK English
    This is the complete sentence ......
    Sono sette le vite di Luca, sette le sue verità, sette i giorni della sua creazione, sette le sue rinascite, sette i colori dei suoi occhi, sette i suoi vizi, sette le su sfide, sette i suoi doni.
    Ciao VikingPete,

Context is not just a full sentence, it's an explanation of what is going on in the situation. Is it written text? Is it spoken text? Who is saying it? Who are they saying it to? Is it in a particular register (formal/informal)? Is it meant to be a poem / rhyme?
    'Context' is extremely different to 'a full sentence', so we need to know more in order to determine how best it should be translated.

VikingPete

Sweden, Swedish
    I think the sentence is enough to make the context ......

However - this is the whole paragraph - and it it is completely written!

Sono sette le vite di Luca, sette le sue verità, sette i giorni della sua creazione, sette le sue rinascite, sette i colori dei suoi occhi, sette i suoi vizi, sette le su sfide, sette i suoi doni. Così s’intrecciano nella storia simboli, informazioni, poesie, scherzi, miti e messaggi etici, per formare una fiaba poetica moderna, educativa, divertente... e necessaria.
    Una fiaba per piccoli… E per grandi. Per grandi soprattutto.

I wrote like this:

Seven are the lives of Luca, seven his truths, seven the days through his creations, seven his rebirths, seven his eye colors, seven his vices, seven his challenges and seven his gifts. Like that, this symbolical story interweaves information, poetry, jokes, myths and ethical messages, in order to create a modern, educational and amusing poetical ... and necessary .. .fairy-tale!

A fairy-tale for the youngsters - and above all - for you adults!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alxmrphi

UK English
    I think the sentence is enough to make the context ......
    The question poster always feels this way, because they know the contextual details and mentally view it in that specific way (and don't think it's important to tell anyone else). Believe me, it's not always clear and assuming is the wrong thing to do, it causes too much confusion, nobody answering questions on WR should have to assume anything.

Seven are the lives of Luca, seven are his truths, seven the days of his creation, seven are his rebirths, seven are the colour of his eyes, seven are his vices, seven his challenges and seven his gifts. That's how symbols, information, poems, jokes, myths and ethics are weaved into the story to create a poetic and modern fairytale that is educational, amusing... and important (/necessary).
    A fairytale for youngsters... And for adults.

< Previous | Next >