Shake

• livvie

Gibraltar, English
    frétiller de la queue - means to wag his/her tail

Maybe 'agiter' for shake. But what does your dog do exactly when you tell him to shake!:)

AZSon.

USA, English
    "shake" as in shake hands?

I taught my dog "Ta patte" as in "Donne moi, ta patte" since "Serres moi, la main" didn't seem quite appropriate. Though I never learned what the French use for this command while I was living there.

Okal

French
    If it is the tail, it is better to say "remuer la queue" than "frétiller de la queue", which has sexual connotations.

Could JoliEllie tell us more about what the dog is supposed to do?

Okal

French
    For shake hands, we would say "donne la patte" (usual) or "donne la papatte" (childlike way of saying)

AZSon.

USA, English
    If it is the tail, it is better to say "remuer la queue" than "frétiller de la queue", which has sexual connotations.

Could JoliEllie tell us more about what the dog is supposed to do?
    So, Okal, could you tell me what I should have used for the command "Shake". Here "aux Tazuinis" it generally means you want your dog to give a paw is if giving a handshake.

Thanks!

Okal

French
    So, Okal, could you tell me what I should have used for the command "Shake". Here "aux Tazuinis" it generally means you want your dog to give a paw is if giving a handshake.

Thanks!
    I think "donne la patte" (usual) or "donne la papatte" (childlike way of saying)
    "donne-moi la patte"
    or "dis-moi bonjour"
    are OK

JoliEllie

America, English
    Thank you so much!, just to clear things up, I did mean to shake hands as the command, Thanks Again!

-JoliEllie

< Previous | Next >