share the same venue / space

< Previous | Next >

evergreen_ivy

Chinese
Hi,
I am confused with the meaning of "share the same venue".
Does it mean:-
1. two activities will share the venue (say, 50/50 of the space); or
2. the venue will be used for either activities (the activities take place in the same venue, but not at the same time)

In case that we use the Grass soccer pitch for both soccer training and rugby training (either one at the same), can I say "Soccer training and rugby training share the same venue."? Will the meaning ambiguous?

Thanks a lot!

• Fabulist

Banned
    American English
    I think you are going to have to be more specific; just "share" doesn't really specify whether the two activities occur in the same area at different times, or simultaneously. Presumably, if a soccer team and a rugby team share the same field (I know that non-US football is played on pitches, and maybe rugby, another British game is, too; US soccer is played on fields) at the same time, they each use half of it, 60 yards or meters worth, and do half-field drills. But I think you are going to have to say "share the same field, practicing at different times" or "share the same field, both practicing between 3 and 5 p.m. daily," or whatever the actual arrangement is.

< Previous | Next >