shares/sharing

< Previous | Next >

ordinarydaniel

Chinese
Hello everyone,

At the end of a promo video of a church's TV program, it shows such a picture: Screenshot "N0E0Tbg2TKNaiz3SfqAoG8Yy0kPT4K.png"
At the same time, a voiceover will say:

1. Faith, Hope, Love shares glad tidings with you
2. Faith, Hope, Love sharing glad tidings with you

I think it is right to use "shares" in this line of the announcer, but here I'm not sure if I should use "sharing" in order to match the subtitles on the picture. What's your opinion? Thank you in advance!

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    1. Faith, Hope, Love shares glad tidings with you -> Faith, Hope, Love have some glad tidings and want to give you some.
    2. Faith, Hope, Love1 - sharing glad tidings with you2 ->
    (i) This is Faith, Hope, Love and they/we are currently sharing glad tidings with you.
    (ii) That was Faith, Hope, Love and they/we were sharing glad tidings with you
    (iii) This has been a program by Faith, Hope, Love and they/we have been sharing glad tidings with you.
    (and other possible tenses)

1 - This is a title
    2 - this is a subtitle -> titles and subtitles are separate - they do not necessarily combine to make a larger phrase/clause/sentence.

ordinarydaniel

Chinese
    1. Faith, Hope, Love shares glad tidings with you -> Faith, Hope, Love have some glad tidings and want to give you some.
    2. Faith, Hope, Love1 - sharing glad tidings with you2 ->
    (i) This is Faith, Hope, Love and they/we are currently sharing glad tidings with you.
    (ii) That was Faith, Hope, Love and they/we were sharing glad tidings with you
    (iii) This has been a program by Faith, Hope, Love and they/we have been sharing glad tidings with you.
    (and other possible tenses)

1 - This is a title
    2 - this is a subtitle -> titles and subtitles are separate - they do not necessarily combine to make a larger phrase/clause/sentence.
    Faith, Hope, Love is the title of the program.
    Can the announcer just say "Faith, Hope, Love shares/sharing glad tidings with you"? I think it is succinct.
    What about other people's opinion? :confused:

< Previous | Next >