she loves [the] food in that restaurant

• gengo

American English
    The question really is about the use of the article. Do I have to use "the", as we say in Spanish "la comida ..."
    If you omitted the article, it would mean that she loves any and all food in that restaurant, not just the food served by that restaurant, which is rather nonsensical. In this particular case, I think that the same applies in Spanish.

asm

Mexico, Spanish
    If you omitted the article, it would mean that she loves any and all food in that restaurant, not just the food served by that restaurant, which is rather nonsensical. In this particular case, I think that the same applies in Spanish.
    En español: A ella le gusta LA comida de ese restaurante. A ella le gusta comer en ese restaurante (different but equal). *A ella le gusta comida.

gengo

American English
    En español: A ella le gusta LA comida de ese restaurante. A ella le gusta comer en ese restaurante (different but equal). *A ella le gusta comida.
    My point was that "A ella le gusta comida en ese restaurante" is equally nonsensical as the literal equivalent in English.

< Previous | Next >