Shop floor

< Previous | Next >
Hi!

I would like to include this phrase in a Spanish website I'm designing to capture the idea that clients can publish products, company information, photos etc. but without being able to sell online.

Of course I wanted to call this service "tienda online" but because there's no "caja" or till, I need to capture a phrase which gives all the benefits of having a shop floor and shop window, but without the online transaction.

Even if you can't think of shop floor, other ideas like "escaparate" (shop window) would be welcomed.

I hope I have explained the context well. If you need more details, just ask!

Many thanks,

Mortadelo y Filemón

• Masood

British English
    escaparate looks good to me.

I think I would use showcase instead of shop floor. Shop floor (to me) conjures up images of a factory production line.

Thanks for your replies. I agree that shop floor may conjure up images of the factory floor, but I think you'll find it also refers to retail.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shop_floor

In any case, I do not want to get too bogged down with the English. Does anyone know how to translate "shop floor" (the retail kind) into Spanish, please?

aldonzalorenzo

Castellano
    I just can think of "escaparate", as you said, because talking about "tienda" implies to buy things, to pay, I think.
    So perhaps "escaparate de productos"...

patolawyer

spanish - Argentina
    "Vidriera de productos y servicios" . "Vidriera" is "escaparate" , in Argentina. "Shop floor" is not a retail kind -at least in my country. The shop floor is used to refer to all the ordinary workers in a factory or the area where they work, especially in contrast to the people who are in charge.(www.diccionario.reverso.net). In spanish: trabajadores - planta de producción

< Previous | Next >