Shortly"/ "in short" ???

Filemon

ESpañol, ESpaña
It is correct to say " I will get in touch with you in short" or should i always say "...will get in touch with you shortly"? (it is an informal conversation)

Thanks!!

• Polopino

British English
    It is correct to say " I will get in touch with you in short" or should i always say "...will get in touch with you shortly"? (it is an informal conversation)

Thanks!!
    Puedes decir "I will get in touch with you in a short time", pero lo más usual sería tu segunda opción.

Paul Clancy

Ireland, English

Thanks!!
    IT IS ALWAYS "I will be in touch with you shortly" or "I will get in touch with you shortly"

"In short" and "shortly" are not the same thing. "shortly" means "soon" while "in short" means to abreviate something.
    For example imagine you were talking to someone and telling them about an event you had been to or discussion you had with someone. You could explain in detail and then as a way of summing up you would say "in short ... the event was good/bad etc.", "in short, in speaking with him/her I realised that ......"

Hope this helps to clarify.

Un saludo

Filemon

ESpañol, ESpaña
    IT IS ALWAYS "I will be in touch with you shortly" or "I will get in touch with you shortly"

"In short" and "shortly" are not the same thing. "shortly" means "soon" while "in short" means to abreviate something.
    For example imagine you were talking to someone and telling them about an event you had been to or discussion you had with someone. You could explain in detail and then as a way of summing up you would say "in short ... the event was good/bad etc.", "in short, in speaking with him/her I realised that ......"

Hope this helps to clarify.

Un saludo

I think with your help the query has been clarified for ever!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!
    XD

< Previous | Next >