shuffling tourists

mariente

Banned
Español, Argentina (somewhere in the planet Urban)
hello, can you explain to me what you understand by this:
They want to get out of the noise and bustle, around the shuffling tourists

With other words please?? Thanks in advance.

• panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    A bit more context would help.

Meantime, I have a mental image of tourists moving slowly through somewhere - somewhere like the Sistine Chapel, for example:)

mariente

Banned
    Español, Argentina (somewhere in the planet Urban)
    yes, that is what i found in the dictionary, i need to find a word.

This is the context:

Yet commutes also produce common patterns— bottlenecks and rush hours—that are exploited by entrepreneurs the world over. Every morning, sleep-deprived, irritable travelers surface from DMF into the BGT Square plaza, and they are not easily turned aside from their paths. They want to get out of the noise and bustle, around the shuffling tourists. But there is a place of peace and bounty that can tempt them to tarry for a couple of minutes. In this oasis, rare delights are served with smiles by attractive and exotic men and women—today, a charming barista whose name badge reads “Lucy”. This is no quirk of DMF.

DavyBCN

UK - English
    mariente said:
    yes, that is what i found in the dictionary, i need to find a word.

This is the context:

Yet commutes also produce common patterns— bottlenecks and rush hours—that are exploited by entrepreneurs the world over. Every morning, sleep-deprived, irritable travelers surface from DMF into the BGT Square plaza, and they are not easily turned aside from their paths. They want to get out of the noise and bustle, around the shuffling tourists. But there is a place of peace and bounty that can tempt them to tarry for a couple of minutes. In this oasis, rare delights are served with smiles by attractive and exotic men and women—today, a charming barista whose name badge reads “Lucy”. This is no quirk of DMF.
    Shuffling is a good word - but perhaps wandering?

< Previous | Next >