Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt.

vaibhavm

Marathi
Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen
Gewalt.

Translation:- Human dignity is inviolable. To respect and protect from all Violence is the duty of state.

Underline part is confusing to me please check my translation and correct me

• Kajjo

Last edited:

Dan2

US
    English (US)
    Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt.

Translation:- Human dignity is inviolable. To respect and protect from all Violence is the duty of state.

Underline part is confusing to me please check my translation and correct me
    Regarding "Gewalt" and "violence":
    1. As Kajjo has explained, "Gewalt" can mean "violence" but here it means authority.
    2. Even if you (mis)translated "Gewalt" as "violence" there is nothing in the German that corresponds to "from all violence" (or from anything) in your English translation. The part of the second sentence before the underlined part simply means "To respect and protect it ("it" = "human dignity") is the duty", and the underlined part is a genitive-case phrase meaning "of all state authority".

< Previous | Next >