Signatory?

TeVa88

Indonesian
Hi everyone, new member here... I joined because I have an urgent questions (and I sometimes have less urgent questions....)
How would you call someone who signs a document? Not a notary, it's not that kind of document. It's a high school diploma. I have to translate mine into English, and I don't know how to call the headmaster, who signed the diploma. Basically, the sentence says:
"The signatory, headmaster of the _______ Senior High School ______, clarifies that: "
Is the use of the word "signatory" here correct?

Also, should I use "headmaster" or "principal" for formal document translations?

• TeVa88

Indonesian
    No.

"The undersigned, headmaster of the _______ Senior High School ______, clarifies that:" (Clarifies? Is that what you mean?)
    Yeah, states, clarifies, they pretty much say the same thing, don't they? I just felt that "states that:" sounds too everyday English...

TeVa88

Indonesian
    I cannot image how "clarifies" is appropriate.

Please provide a complete sentence.
    OK so this is what I have translated so far:

The signatory, headmaster of the ______ Senior High School _______, clarifies that:

name : ________

place and date of birth : ________, January 8th, ----

parent’s name : __________

registration number : 3249

previous school : ________________________

has PASSED

the education unit’s exam based on the results of the School Exam and the National Exam and all has fulfilled all requirements according to the regulations of the legislation.

< Previous | Next >