Silk Route

< Previous | Next >

rositakay

Arabic
Hi,

<-----Excess quote deleted.-----> Every collection marries unexpected materials and textures bringing a refreshing sense of unpredictability in Debs work. It is a celebration of the tactile, inspiring touch, and hence the pulse and life of the piece.Exploring the work of Nada Debs is akin to embarking on a historical journey of the east from where she draws much inspiration. The rich and evocative trail of the notorious Silk Route, ancient geometry, and patterns and motifs from various eastern countries and cultures highlight the timeless nature of her creations.

It's a press release concerning the Lebanese interior and furniture designer Nada Debs. What is meant by evocative trail of the notorious Silk Route? in your opinion? It's is a print evoking Silk Route?

Many thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Myridon

English - US
    Wikipedia on "Silk Route":
    The Silk Road, or Silk Route, is a series of trade and cultural transmission routes that were central to cultural interaction through regions of the Asian continent connecting the West and East by linking traders, merchants, pilgrims, monks, soldiers, nomads, and urban dwellers from China and India to the Mediterranean Sea during various periods of time.

aasheq

English (Estuary)
    I think rositakay knows what the Silk Road is. Yes, your text is saying that the print evokes an image of the Silk Road.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    I don't see anything in the quoted text that could refer to a "print". It's not clear to me what the Silk Route can have to do with the collection, it was "an inspiration" to the designer, apparently.

Last edited:

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    The rich and evocative trail of the notorious Silk Route, ancient geometry, and patterns and motifs from various eastern countries and cultures highlight the timeless nature of her creations.

As I see it the second part of the sentence explains the first. She uses patterns and motifs similar to those found in countries and cultures on the Silk Road, so her creations evoke the textiles one sees in those countries.

< Previous | Next >