simple & complexe

< Previous | Next >

suzie_pales

arabic-palestine
ahmed mange une pomme et laila aussi

is this sentence simple or complexe??...the point is that do we consider ''aussi'' instead of the verb ''mange une pomme'' so for that its complexe or we just have to consider what is written in the sentece...

thank you..

• gm9617d

Technically this is a simple sentence, as there is one verb only. The other verb is understood but it is not written. More interesting, why is this important?
    GerryGM

benji94

FRANCE
    I'm not sure i understand your question but "ahmed mange une pomme et laila aussi" would be normally interpreted as "ahmed eats an apple, so does laila".

suzie_pales

arabic-palestine
    thank you all...its not that important but i m trying to classify some sentences & to know the difference between simple and complexe in such sent.

anangelaway

French
    Bonjour!

Somehow personnaly, it is neither simple nor complex.
    I beleive you should only replace the ''et'' by 'ainsi que''.

So it would be:
    Ahmed mange une pomme ainsi que Laila.

Edit: Sorry, and delete the ''aussi''.

anangelaway

French
    suzie_pales said:
    thank you all...its not that important but i m trying to classify some sentences & to know the difference between simple and complexe in such sent.
    Well! I'll give you an example, but I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for:

Simple: Ahmed et Laila mange une pomme. Or Ahmed et Laila mange tous les deux une pomme.

Complex: Ahmed mange une pomme ainsi que Laila.

< Previous | Next >