Since Allen Smith's paper, many studies have documented that...

EnglishBug

Chinese
Allen Smith is the first researcher who found that dogs love meat :))Just to avoid unnecessary jargon). After that, many other studies also found evidence that dogs love meat. I am wondering if it OK to say "Since Allen Smith's paper, many studies have documented that..." Logically, the sentence is correct, but I'm wondering if the word "since" would give people a feeling that Allen Smith's paper is not necessarily one of the studies that documented the finding that dogs love meat. Thanks!

• Barque

Tamil
    I think the intended meaning is clear (and the context of the article might also support it).

You could also say, "Starting with Allen Smith's paper, many studies..."

suzi br

English / England
    Allen Smith is the first researcher who found that dogs love meat :))Just to avoid unnecessary jargon). After that, many other studies also found evidence that dogs love meat. I am wondering if it OK to say "Since Allen Smith's paper, many studies have documented that..." Logically, the sentence is correct, but I'm wondering if the word "since" would give people a feeling that Allen Smith's paper is not necessarily one of the studies that documented the finding that dogs love meat. Thanks!
    I think your concern is valid, unless the Allen Smith research about dogs and meat has been mentioned before, or is so well known that all your readers will know it was the seminal work in this field. Otherwise he might be a plonker who said dogs like cabbage but since then lots of people have shown that dogs like meat.

< Previous | Next >