Six o’clock already and I’m still nowhere near finished with that report. I’d better get a move on.

• hem_dinesh

India- Local Dialect & English
    Excuse me it also contains one more line as follows
    So had I, mine is supposed to be finished by tomorrow morning as well. If only I had worked a bit harder on it yesterday!
    Could u explain this also. Importantly with 'So had I' i don't understand what it says.
    I have done all my effort but i failed to understand it.

Broccolicious

English - England
    Hi Hem

Which particular part are you finding difficult?

'I'd better get a move on' here means 'I need to start working hard now' - because the person has not written their report yet.

Hope that helps!

Broc

hem_dinesh

Hello I also asked you one more in the second reply in this thread. So will you please explain what it says.It was 'So had I' . That line was continue for that one I asked.

nikkieli

Bulgaria, Bulgarian
    Sorry to intervene,
    Is 'Six o’clock already and I’m still nowhere near finishing with that report. I’d better get a move on.' also acceptable?

bozgeez

UK, English
    Excuse me it also contains one more line as follows
    So had I, mine is supposed to be finished by tomorrow morning as well. If only I had worked a bit harder on it yesterday!
    Could u explain this also. Importantly with 'So had I' i don't understand what it says.
    I have done all my effort but i failed to understand it.
    'So had I' is like saying 'me too'. This means that a second person has started talking and they are in the same position as the first. The second person hasn't finished his report either, and has to give it in tomorrow morning. 'If only I had worked a bit harder on it yesterday' is like saying 'I wish I had put more effort in yesterday'.

Hope this helps!

hem_dinesh

Still one more in the same line and it was If only I had worked a bit harder on it yesterday!. Could you help this also for me ,please?

< Previous | Next >