six-string

sami33

arabic
What does means "six-string" in this song called "summer of 69" .Bryan Adams sing :I got my first real six-string .Bought it at five-and-dime .Played it till my fingers bled.Was a summer of 69 .Me and some guys from schoo had a band. And we tried real hardl.....

• timpeac

English (England)
    What does means "six-string" in this song called "summer of 69" .Bryan Adams sing :I got my first real six-string .Bought it at five-and-dime .Played it till my fingers bled.Was a summer of 69 .Me and some guys from schoo had a band. And we tried real hardl.....
    Guitar with 6 strings. Well, that's what I've always assumed.

sdgraham

USA English
    The musical instrument we call a "guitar" normally has six strings, although there are 12-string models. Sometimes "six-string" is used colloquially to refer to a guitar (as opposed to a banjo, for example, which can have four or five strings)

Alxmrphi

UK English
    The musical instrument we call a "guitar" normally has six strings, although there are 12-string models. Sometimes "six-string" is used colloquially to refer to a guitar (as opposed to a banjo, for example, which can have four or five strings)
    Yeah, completely right!
    I know the song, I stood there in front of the Coliseum when he played it live back in 2006 in Rome (I was third row from the front).
    It definitely means a six-string guitar.

< Previous | Next >