skin related conversation

< Previous | Next >

xCyruSx

Chile / Español
Anytime you want to come by for a little
more skin related conversation, please do

There's two people talking about a bunch of thing, and one gave the other some information...

so:

- Thank you
- Don't mention it.
- Anytime you want to come by for a little

What does that mean?, I thought it could be, like a superficial conversation, but what they were talking wasn't superficial at all...

What's the guy trying to say?

If somebody can inlight me i'll appreciate it.

Any correction in this post it's welcome :D

• elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    xCyruSx said:
    Anytime you want to come by for a little

There's are two people talking about a bunch of things, and one gave gives the other some information...

so:

- Thank you
    - Don't mention it.
    - Anytime you want to come by for a little

What does that mean?, I thought it could be, like a superficial conversation, but what they were talking about wasn't superficial at all...

What's the guy trying to say?

If somebody can could inlight enlighten me i'll I'd appreciate it.

Any correction in this post it's is welcome :D
    I've made some corrections to your post.

As for your question, I'm afraid I'm going to need more context. "Skin-related conversation" is not a fixed expression, as far as I know.

xCyruSx

Chile / Español
    I'm gonna have to tell you the whole scene, I think...

This girl, comes to somekind of group of Vietnam war vets, looking for information about an ex-soldier, the guy go and check in the computer, and gives the information to the girl.

Then... the dialog I posted occurs....

As far as I can tell they're strangers... That's why I don't understand what that expression means. But it's like the girl give the guy a good time, you know, he was kind bored, and she gives him something to do, even if it was just for a few minutes, so it's like he wanted her to come back, so that's why he said that.

But as far as I can tell it's some kind of a joke, but I don't get it.

Maybe he was suggesting that the next time she come by, they talk about something a little more personal?? But it I've certainly never heard that saying before. Are there any pauses, hesitations in the way he say it? Is it more like: Come by for a more skin-related conversation? It would be like a bold pick-up line.

Did you just hear it, or read it? Maybe you heard it wrong and we should be looking for something that sounds like that, but is different ...

xCyruSx

Chile / Español
    I went back to the video, to hear it again.

Is there any chance that could be "skin-delated conversation" or that doesn't make any sense either?

Scintillating? Could that be it? Listen again, carefully... I bet that's it, that makes perfect sense, a guy would say that to a girl in that situation (he would be verrry forward to be talking about skin that way. My friends who translate English to French are always calling me for this sort of thing. When it makes absolutely no sense at all, the problem is usually that they heard it wrong.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that's it...

< Previous | Next >