Slope, gradient, incline

Terryacer

Norwegain
First things first can the word "slope" be used as a verb? Would it be correct to say: "About 2 kilometers ahead the mountain starts to SLOPE" (I am talking about rising terrain if you didnt already know) Could the words "gradient" and "incline" be used here as a verb or would that be wrong?

Finally is it correct to say: "The hill has a steep SLOPE so be careful" or "We were walking up a steep SLOPE so by the time we got to the top we were pretty tired" Could other words be used in these two last sentences aswell? Like "Gradient" or "Incline"?

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

• The Newt

English - US
    "Slope" is fine in all of those examples; "gradient" as a verb would sound very odd in any context, and although "incline" exists as a verb I don't think we'd use it here.

Terryacer

Norwegain
    "Slope" is fine in all of those examples; "gradient" as a verb would sound very odd in any context, and although "incline" exists as a verb I don't think we'd use it here.
    So i used the word "slope" correctly? Awesome! Are there other words that i could replace "slope" with in this sentence (excluding "gradient" and "incline")?

< Previous | Next >