1. altiro Member

spanish
    hola me gustaria mucho que alguien me pudiera decir que significado tiene eso en español porque no lo comprendo bueno eos es y graciass

2. EVAVIGIL

EVAVIGIL Senior Member

Madrid
    Spain / Spanish
    Hola, Altiro, ¿cuál es el contexto?
    Saluditos.
    EVA.

3. Junk Senior Member

Colorado
    English, USA
    Sin saber el contexto, yo diria que es algo de un juego de palabras, viniendo de la expresion "sloppy seconds", que es un poco vulgar...

4. JohanG Senior Member

Vancouver Canada
    English, Canada
    I also have not heard the phrase "sloppy firsts"....Johan

5. EVAVIGIL

EVAVIGIL Senior Member

Madrid
    Spain / Spanish
    Junk is right; it must be derived from a quite rude expression.
    Cheers!
    EVA.

6. Stu Pedazo Senior Member

U.S.A.
    U.S.A.
    Sloppy seconds (despectivo) = any activity involving the exchange of bodily fluids which a person indulges in after it has already been enjoyed by somene else. This expression can be used to refer to the consumption of food or drink (if, for example, you have eaten someone else's leftovers, you have just had "sloppy seconds".) but it's most often used to refer to relations with the opposite sex (kissing or sex). Ex: "You had sex with her right after she came back from Paul's place? Ewww, man, you just had sloppy seconds!" The disgust implied comes from the idea that if you participate in such an activity immediately after another person, you are exposing yourself to the bodily fluids and germs of that person.

7. altiro Member

spanish
    ahhh muchas gracias stu pedazo creo que ya tengo una idea de lo que es pero igual en caso de no ser lo mismo este es el contexto:

"i had to be his nonsexual female friend who could care less if he was asking me to do something on a saturday night wich was the closest thing i have ever had to a date so i said: _so im sloppy seconds?
    _ oh no jessica you are sloppy firsts.
    ese es el contexto gracias a los que respondieron

8. Stu Pedazo Senior Member

U.S.A.
    U.S.A.
    I may be wrong, but based on the context provided, I get the impression that Jessica wanted to know that she really mattered to him and that she was more than just his second (or third, etc.) choice.

To be sloppy seconds = to be someone's second date or make out/sexual partner within a very short period time (In other words, to be like leftovers to someone – a last resort only considered when one has no other/better options available.)

"You are sloppy firsts" was just a play on words meant to assure Jessica that she was indeed his first choice and that he hadn't been with another girl [that night?].

9. altiro Member

spanish
    ya muchas gracias ahora si lo tengo muy claro bueno gracias por su ayuda
    adios