Slovak: Ahoj - Servus - Nazdar

• Jana337

čeština
    Ahoj, :)

"Ahoj" is vastly more common than the other two. "Nazdar" comes second and there are many people who have never uttered "servus".

My perceptions:
    ahoj - completely neutral
    nazdar - sounds a bit military to me, so I avoid it (but it is certainly just me; generally, it is not perceived like that)
    servus - somewhat youthful and intellectual flair; you wouldn't greet your grandmother like that

All of them are informal as you probably know.

:)

Jana

Ahoj, :)

"Ahoj" is vastly more common than the other two. "Nazdar" comes second and there are many people who have never uttered "servus".

My perceptions:
    ahoj - completely neutral
    nazdar - sounds a bit military to me, so I avoid it (but it is certainly just me; generally, it is not perceived like that)
    servus - somewhat youthful and intellectual flair; you wouldn't greet your grandmother like that

All of them are informal as you probably know.

:)

Jana
    Dekujem jana. Ale co znamena tu "military"?

A, dnes sa som naucila este jednu vel`kolepnu frazu v slovencine: mam vsetkeho po krk:). Ako je to v cestine?

werrr

Ďakujem Jana. Ale čo tu znamená "military"?
    Firstly, "Nazdar" was a patriotic salutation used among Czechs since the 19th century. It was adopted by a lot of Czech national organizations (by Sokol in the first place - it's still official greeting among Sokols) and consequently by Czechoslovakian legions and Czechoslovakian army. I think the widespread Slovak usage started in Czechoslovakian legions.
    A, dnes som sa naučila ešte jednu veľkolepú frázu v slovenčine: mám všetkého po krk:). Ako je to v češtine?
    The same: mám všeho (až) po krk.