Slovak: potrebné na 2.krát po 10 mm

Gavril

English, USA
An excerpt from user instructions for a machining device:

V programe pre vyrábaný diel je potrebné zadať dĺžku dielu dlhšiu o 20 mm, na konci každého programu musí byť odrezanie tohto prídavku (potrebné na 2.krát po 10 mm).

What this seems to be saying is that, when programming the device (for the process in question), you have to allow an extra 20 mm of length, in order to account for a portion that is cut off at the end of the process.

But I don't fully understand the highlighted part in parentheses.

Is it saying that, if you run a process twice, a different length (10 mm) is cut off the second time?

Thanks again,
Gavril

• morior_invictus

Slovak
    V programe pre vyrábaný diel je potrebné zadať dĺžku dielu dlhšiu o 20 mm, na konci každého programu musí byť odrezanie tohto prídavku (potrebné na 2.krát po 10 mm).
    The punctuation is definitely subpar but here's my interpretation:

The cutting process needs to happen twice and, each time, 10mm will be cut off (i.e. 2 x 10mm = 20mm of extra length to remove). In other words, it seems that it is not possible to cut off the entire 20mm allowance at once and the cutting needs to happen in two steps.

naraz/na jeden raz can mean at once/in one step and na dvakrát/trikrát/štyrikrát. . . can mean in two/three/four. . . steps/occurrences

po X
    can be used to express the distribution/spreading of something into parts (X) --> here, the extra 20mm of length is split into parts for cutting purposes (each part = 10mm)(Examples: Každý z vás dostane po 25 eur. = Each one of you will get €25. --> each part is equal to 25, i.e. the distribution would be: 25 | 25 | 25 | 25 |etc.; Na záchod je možné chodiť iba po jednom. = Only one person is allowed to go to the washroom at the same time. --> the distribution in that case would look as follows: 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |etc.)

Also, it seems that the cutting is necessary because of the allowance rather than the allowance is necessary because of the cutting.

francisgranada

Hungarian
    Fully agreeing with morior_invictus, I think it would be clearer and more correct to write "potrebné na dvakrát po 10 mm".

("2. krát" suggests the interpretation of "druhýkrát" = "the second time")