Slovene: Dež bo zajel Slovenijo

iezik

Slovenian
Is the meaning the same as "Dež bo v Sloveniji." or "Deževalo bo v Sloveniji."?

It seems to me that it's so and the usage of verb "zajeti" is determined by style. Fran.si lists similar usage under sskj (point 9). In the weather forecasts, there is no implication about the area of the phenomenon.

The full sentence that I saw is: Popoldne bo dež prehodno zajel večji del Slovenije.

• iezik

Slovenian
    Thanks Irbis for explanation of such "standalone" meaning, with only one document.

I forgot to mention that I compare the meaning between languages or different organizational styles and I want to translate them. For example, the Slovene weather reports of Italian region Friuli Venezia Giulia don't use the word "zajeti" when explaining very similar processes. I imagine that there are two sources of differences:

1) Different texts have different data. For example, Slovene text can be "the lowest temperature will be about 10 degrees" and Italian text "the lowest temperature will increase by 2 degrees".

2) Different styles can use different words for the same thing. To continue example with the lowest tempereatures, forecasts from Austria use "Frühtemperaturen" and from Germany e.g. "Tiefstwerte".

But sometimes the distinction in not that clear. The sentence
    Popoldne bo dež prehodno zajel večji del Slovenije.
    (what means: In the afternoon, the rain will temporarily spread across most of Slovenia.) could be rewritten by Friulan meteorologist into
    Popoldne bo deževalo v večjem delu Slovenije.
    I skipped one more word, prehodno, as it doesn't occur in Friulan texts. As part of the complete forecast, it gives the same information: if there is no rain tomorrow, the rain period is only temporary.

Then let me produce possible translations in the styles of few state meteo organizations. I excuse for any errors.

Croatian: Poslijepodne će biti kiše u većini Slovenije.
    Italian: Piogge durante il pomeriggio su quasi tutta Slovenia.
    Austrian: Ab dem Nachmittag breitet sich der Regen vorübergehend nach Slowenien aus.

Only the Austrian style regularly use the notion of moving of the affected area, the Croation and Italian usually just state the process.

Is there any common meaning in such translations? Or is the meaning changed during translation?