Japanese
> Poet tvoj nov Slovencem venec vije,
> S' petnajst sonetov ti tako ga spleta,
> da magistrale, pesem trikrat peta,
> vseh drugih skupaj veže harmonije.

What does "peta" mean here?

• Panceltic

Slovenščina
    It is the feminine passive participle of the verb peti (to sing).

Pesem trikrat peta = the thrice-sung song/poem (song/poem which is sung three times)

harakiri

Japanese
    Yes, I just started reading some of his poems. It takes some time in wondering even out of checking details grammatically. No translation in my language, but quite often translators are not talented. Destroying things, adding silly interpretations, making mistakes, etc. To avoid such things, reading things in the original tongue is only the way. Hopefully because of the AI development, things are much easier nowadays. ;-)

Panceltic

Slovenščina
    Apparently some of his poems were translated into Japanese by Nobuaki Omori, but I wasn't able to find anything more online!

I found this which seems to be copied from a Japanese translation ... it might help you!

harakiri

Japanese
    Well, hvala, but unfortunately it seems a beginner's translation, and it's too short. XD Instead I enjoyed the music in the same website. Cute kids and nice women were singing there.

I like Ivan Cankar. Hopefully one Slovene and his Japanese friend translated his writings. Skodelica kave & Hlapec Jernej in njegova pravica. His writing makes us feel lots about the past history of Slovenia.

I don't like Slavoj Žižek, since he is meaninglessly pedantic. Worse he sounded quite spoiled, when he was in Japan before. I had a bad impression of him, but not of Slovenia. In my common sense, he is not a good choice to know Slovenia.

Now I try reading a bit of Prešeren. At this moment, I try to finish translating a part of Bulatovic's novel. Prešeren's poem "Sonetni venec" is more relaxing with my past memories. Most boys have something similar as Prešeren had. ;-)))