Slovene: popr. / odl. / skl. (legal abbreviations)

Gavril

English, USA
Živjo,

Some citations from Slovenian legislation in the text I'm working on:

Uradni list RS, št. 21/13, 78/13 - popr., 47/15 - ZZSDT, 33/16 - PZ-F, 52/16, 15/17 - odl. US, 22/19 - ZPosS [...]

[...] 15/21 - ZDUOP, 28/21 - skl. US, 43/21 [...]

It seems likely that popr. is some derivative of popravljati, that skl. is related to skleniti in some way, and that odl. is related to odločiti.

But I need more specifics than that in order to translate these abbreviations accurately.

If you were to write the highlighted phrases in unabbreviated form, what would they look like?

Hvala,
G.

• Irbis

Slovenian, Slovenia
    odl. US je odločba Ustavnega sodišča
    skl. US je sklep Ustavnega sodišča
    popr. je pa najbrž popravek.

I see in corpora that both odločba and sklep are translated with "decision". I'm no legal expert, so I don't know what is the difference (if any).

Gavril

English, USA
    Thanks!

Regarding odločba vs. sklep, I checked SSKJ:

odločba
    [...]
    pravni akt o posamezni zadevi pravne narave

sklep
    [...]
    pravni akt o posamezni zadevi pravne narave, izdan zlasti v postopku

Does "izdan zlasti v postopku" point to any significant difference between the two?

Irbis

Slovenian, Slovenia
    I don't know enough legalish to help you here. My legal dictionary translates odločba to decision (judgement in case of Ustavno sodišče) and sklep to order. My _guess_ is that sklep is more for procedural matters (e.g. is they dismiss the case for some procedural matters) and odločba is when they really deliberate the matter itself.