Slovenian: Rog in fagot s tremolom zvočil kot so

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
This text is using Unicode. Any odd characters should be a lowercase c with hacek. It is from a piece of music by Lojze Lebič called "Dogodki II".

Can anyone tell me what it means?

"Rog in fagot s tremolom zvočil kot so: flavta na poteg, okarina, ustnik kljunaste flavte ali podobnimi sledita zaznačeni konfiguraciji. Pri tem naj zvočno ne preglasita ostalih."

• skye

Slovenian
    I'm not really sure what everything means in this sentence. For some things I do know what they mean but I'm not sure how they are called in English. It's an instruction about how to play a certain piece of music, but I guess you already know that. I'll try to found out all the words, unless someone else knows.

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
    Well, I found out that "Rog" is "Horn", "Fagot" is "Bassoon" (as it is in many other languages), and "flavta" is a flute of some sort or other. THe other words around it might help. "Tremolom" is probably a tremolo.... but that's just a guess.

skye

Slovenian
    Well, the words I don't know are:
    - zvočila (never heard before), maybe he means musical instruments as in things that produce sound (zvok)
    - flavta na poteg (some kind of flute).

- okarina is a traditional instrument, made from clay, often shaped as a chicken (I found "ocarina" as translation)
    - kljunasta flavta is also a kind of flute
    - ustnik is a mouthpiece

I don't know what a tremolo is in music, if you tell me, maybe I'll understand better what the sentence means.

If you ever need to translate something again you can try this site (if you don't know it already), even though it doesn't work so well with whole sentences, it's usually best to type one word or phrase only:
    http://presis.amebis.si/prevajanje/index.asp?jezik=en (demo version is free)

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
    A tremolo is when an instrument alternates between two notes that are more than a second apart. It might also be a trill... which is much the same thing, but a smaller interval.

skye

Slovenian
    It didn't help much to be honest :embarrass: I just translated the sentence word by word. This is what I managed to do, I hope the sentence makes some sense to you.

"Rog in fagot s tremolom zvočil kot so: flavta na poteg, okarina, ustnik kljunaste flavte ali podobnimi sledita zaznačeni konfiguraciji. Pri tem naj zvočno ne preglasita ostalih."

Horn and bassoon follow the indicated configuration, with a tremolo of musical instruments such as "flavta na poteg", ocarina, the mouthpiece of a recorder or similar instruments. The sound of the horn and bassoon should not drown the rest.

I couldn't figure out what a "flavta na poteg" is. There are only four google hits. Three of them are lesson plans for preschool children. This instrument seems to be used in musical education which follows an Edgar Willems method? The fourth hit was the site where you found this sentence.

"Potegniti" means to pull something, "flavta na poteg" would be a flute where you have to pull something, if this tells you anything??

Here you can see a photo of a whistle "na poteg", maybe this will help:

http://www.lastracom.com/showimage.aspx?docid=6383&width=150&source=DD&ident=0910003&xpath=images/langI/records/record/image&pos=0&appid=LASTRACOM

(It's from a commercial site, but it's the only similar thing I could find, I hope the mods won't mind.)