Smell/look/appear a little bit funny

Piyush toplani

Hindi
1. You smell a little bit funny.
2. You appear a little bit funny.
3. You look a little bit funny.
I have seen first sentence in a English show but it looks odd so I prepared the second and third sentence. I want to know whether these sentences mean same:confused: or is it anything incorrect in these sentences.
Thank you..:)

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    What doe you want "You appear/look a little bit funny" to mean? Which part of the sentence do you think might be a problem?

Piyush toplani

Hindi
    I think that first sentence which I take from a TV show seems old and incorrect to me so I want to know whether the first sentence is correct, does it make any sense and I also want to know whether the second and third sentence mean same or not.
    Thanks..:)

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Thank you for clarifying your question. We still need to know the situation in which the original sentence was used, and the situation in which you would use your sentence.

Piyush toplani

Hindi
    Actually, I man who talk in a silly way, walk differently I mean he do everything in a funny way so someone said that man "you smell a little bit funny." I'm concerned by the word "smell" which I think should be "look" or "appear" that's why I made second and third sentence that i thing is correct sentence which that guy in tv show should have said to the man.:)

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    I"m sure you know that "smell" has a very different meaning from "look" or "appear," so it's hard to understand how you would think either of the latter two could be a substitute for it. If someone smells funny, he or she has an odd or unpleasant odor. Saying he/she "looks funny" would not convey that meaning.

Piyush toplani

Hindi
    I"m sure you know that "smell" has a very different meaning from "look" or "appear," so it's hard to understand how you would think either of the latter two could be a substitute for it. If someone smells funny, he or she has an odd or unpleasant odor. Saying he/she "looks funny" would not convey that meaning.
    Okay thank you so much..:idea::)

< Previous | Next >